Easy Recipes: Coronado Casserole
This was my grandmother’s recipe. It’s a tasy treat that even kids adore – especially if they’re olive nuts like mine. And soooo easy to prepare. Enjoy!
1 lb Hamburger
2 pkg Rice A Roni (Beef Flavor)
16 oz can Tomato Sauce
½ lb Cheese
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
3 cups water
1 Small can sliced olives
Additional Meal Options (choose)
1 can Vegetables
½ Bag Frozen Vegetables
1. Brown hamburger. When almost done, add rice and brown the vermicelli.
2. Slowly stir in hot water and tomato sauce and add seasoning packet, garlic and basil. Stir well.
3. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in olives and pour into a casserole dish
5. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
6. While it’s baking shred cheese.
7. Spread cheese on top and bake for 5 minutes more.
Recipe Submitted by: Tamara Sue Appelman, Butyoudontlooksick.com, © 2006